Coaching for Business Owners, Leaders and Professionals with ADHD
Are you hungry for change and ready to put in the work?
Most people are neurologically equipped to determine what’s important and to get motivated to do it, even when it doesn’t interest them. Then there are the rest of us, who have attention deficit - ADHD or ADD - and the brain that goes along with it.
- Dr. William Dodson
Do you often feel like you can’t do what you know you need to do?
You’re not alone.
This is one of the most common concerns among those of us living, and working, with ADHD.
How do I know? Because I’m travelling a similar journey too.
At age 49 I received my ADHD diagnosis. And suddenly, many of my own challenges made sense.
I’ve been coaching ambitious business owners, leaders and professionals since 2015, but there was always a missing link for me in my own work.
I was underachieving. My high performing clients were surpassing me and I couldn't work out why. There was something amiss but nothing I could put my finger on. I was clearly limited. I felt a deep sense of shame.
Although I was brilliant at activating and motivating others, I felt a near paralysis when it came to doing what I needed to do for myself and my business unless it deeply interested me.
Even for the most smart, ingenious, trailblazing humans, ADHD can see us:
- Hyperfocusing on certain activities, often hours at a time - at the expense of other important tasks, our relationships and our wellbeing
- Lacking consistency and control in our day
- Experiencing extreme swings in energy and emotion levels
- Struggling to stay engaged in conversations or tasks of little interest
- Facing chronic procrastination, often to the detriment of the project
- Slow to act on things that require sustained mental effort
- Struggling to sell and work on marketing for fear of rejection
- Not being able to have difficult conversations due to emotional flooding
- Overwhelmed by sensory stimuli like loud noises, music, or busy environments - to a point where you can’t seem to think
- Impulsively acting on things that you often come to regret
- Feeling like the real you is hiding
- Feeling a deep sense of shame, when you’re not sure why.
Chances are, like me, you’ve just managed to get by.
You’ve done OK. But you’re feeling the weight of effort. The hunch there’s something not quite right. You’re not succeeding to the levels you expect.
For you, your business, your people to thrive - something needs to change.
I see you. And I’m here to teach you how to turn your ADHD into your competitive advantage
Your brilliant brain is uniquely yours. Together we’ll understand how your ADHD plays out for you, identify your strengths and create bespoke support structures and plans to achieve your goals.
My ADHD Coach Approach
I’m here to help you become an expert in your own behaviour. I do this with my neurotypical clients too, but in the context of ADHD, there’s a big emphasis on empowering you to shine and succeed not in spite of your quirks, but because of them.
The coaching process
We meet online to determine whether we're a fit
You complete a pre-coaching process which includes an inventory of your ADHD and some general pre-work to help you have a head start on some of the goals you have for the coaching
We unpack your specific ADHD challenges so you start to get a really strong understanding of how your mind works
We start to populate your Resilience to Results framework to arm you with your individual success methodology
We identify your strengths and have specific coaching around each of them so you can begin to leverage them
We continue with our coaching partnership, with includes accountability, support structures, and designing powerful actions for you to move the needle on your work and your life
Do you want to connect or learn more? Fill out the form and I will be in touch