The foundation of a great business is answering this question: "What kind of impact do I want to have in the world?"
Lea Ann Mallett is a wild woman, lifelong activist and passionate storyteller who believes that we all are changing the world, every day. Lea Ann recently shared her new definition of activism in her TEDx talk at TEDx SantaBarbara. She is passionate about working with mission-driven leaders and entrepreneurs to create and perform their own signature TEDx style talks and is sharing a new vision for activism as a speaker and media personality. As a writer, Lea Ann creates essays of life in the wilds of suburbia in her blog, Becoming Undomesticated.
In this episode you'll see that Lea Ann epitomizes how our work can be a true expression of who we are and this latest business of hers, is just that. She is is a born communicator who puts service and impact before everything else. And she shares her considerable wisdom, tips and wit about all this and more in this brilliant conversation.
IN THIS EPISODE, YOU'LL HEAR ABOUT THINGS LIKE...
- The importance of knowing and telling your story to set you apart from others in your industry
- Why there's no competition for us at the end of the day
- How to work out what you really want to do
- Why focusing on service before selling is critical
- The number one question to ask yourself if you want more clients
- The importance of "being seen"
- How to know your value
- The importance of us each being in the game and creating to our potential clients
FOR MORE INFORMATION:
Loving the podcast? You can use the #startwithwho hashtag to spread the importance of creating and operating from your authentic self every single day in business. As well, you’ll get to flick through the hashtag to find other business owners who care about authenticity and meaning over pretence and get rich quick. And I’ll be reposting some of my favorite images and stories too.